Skip ironing and harsh chemicals with these five simple, natural solutions to eliminate wrinkles from your clothes.
- Throw the wrinkled clothes back in the dryer and add a wet washcloth to create a steam dryer. Run 5-10 minutes and all of the wrinkles will be gone.
- Shake and snap your clothes back into shape between washer and dryer. Crumpled clothes from the washer are more likely to stay crumpled and a bit wrinkled in the dryer.
- Adjust your dryer settings to lower temperatures and slower speeds to reduce wrinkles, and it is less wear & tear on your clothes extending their color and shape.
- Remove clothes promptly from the dryer. Consider pulling clothes out of the dryer a couple minutes before the cycle shuts off. Clothes hung when slightly damp will naturally be less wrinkled due to the weight of the fabric providing a little pull on any remaining wrinkles. Let gravity fight the wrinkles and save dryer time in the process.
- Spritz with a little water instead of ironing. Cotton, linen, and other natural fibers respond well to a lite misting of water, shake & snap, then hang to dry for a low energy wrinkle release. You do not need fancy “wrinkle release” sprays, a little distilled or filtered water is just as effective without the added chemicals and fragrances.
What are your non-toxic, chemical-free options to naturally remove wrinkles from clothes? Share your wrinkle fighting tips and tricks in the comments below.